Wednesday, November 11, 2009

ALASKA

We are modeling our new red jackets, they were warm and kept the top half dry. Think they should have given us pants to match, especially when we went panning for gold. It poured the whole time we were panning. I would have taken a picture of what I got but I was afraid the IRS would make me pay tax on it. LOL Our feet were even soaked we stood in mud for the whole 2 hours we were out there. I was afraid to take my wet shoes off for fear they would shrink and I couldn't get them back on. They finally dried I cleaned off the mud and they were OK.
There were 700 of us from NSP, there were a few empty spots in the picture. The ocean was so rough people were throwing up. NSP even cancelled the meeting because the staff got really sick. We had 70 nmiles an hour. Even she rocks as big as she is. We had fog early one morning and the fog horn blowed every minute. We loved to hear that, wish we could have recorded it.

Juneau straddles Gastineau Channel. Douglas Island across the channel is home to the western suburbs. Geography quiz, what city is the second largest city in the United States? Did I hear Juneau? You are so right. Sitka is the largest community. Alaska is so big and so sparsely populated, it is departmentalized into boroughs-the borough Juneau covers more than 3,000 squaremiles. three times the size of Rhode Island.
Another evening with the towel art.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: