Saturday, March 19, 2011

St Pat's Party

Guess you know who these dummies with the Christmas plates for the St Pat's party is. Hey I got them and I'm using them up. The party was at 5:00, they are always at 5:30. You guessed it we were late, but the worse part was I set the oven so all Dad had to do was hit the start button at a certain time. Which he did and I took off to play 99 and I won that day too. So I got home and said oh good you started the oven. Well I got my key lime bars out of the refrig and you guessed it there was the dish that I thought was cooking in the oven. So I sent Dad up to the den and I said I'll just do it in the microwave but at least they'll know we are coming. He came back laughing and said they are eating it started at 5. Needless to say everybody laughed at us and with us as we came in with the dish of cut up smoked sausage but they ate them and the bars too.

Our friends Frank & Chan left Friday morning to meander back to Montrose CO. We had lunch with them at Charlotte Plumbers. I'm sorry but I think that is a dumb name for a restraunt. The food was good but pricey. We were sorry to see them leave. They are holding their new sign they just got. Pretty neat name.

Miss Madelyn is a little tug that is working on building the new covered docks at the Aransas Pass Yacht Club. Well really all she does is push the big ole barge around.

This is the egret waiting on Miss Madelyn to come thru the channel and head back to Rockport.

Have some St Pat's trivia for you. St Pat's day became a national holiday in 1903. New York has the largest parade. St Patrick was Irish by birth and born 461 AD. 13 million pints of Guinesswas consumed on St Pat's day. If a leprechaun captures a human you get 3 wishes. Blue was the original color not green. A leprechaun is really an Irish shoemaker. Remeber this for the test.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: