Sunday, December 9, 2007

Natchez MS

We took the day off to do a little sight seeing across the river in Natchez. It was a beautiful day. Lowell thought a little too warm but not me.
We priced the carriage rides but decided to do a self taught tour(I think they call it cheap) but we will be here a month at least so we have time to see everything.
We know one thing for sure we either bought the wrong camera or we don't understand what we need to do, with the one we have. We took some pictures and will try to get them on the blog with this.
Natchez is a very old town. The big old homes are something to see. They are beautiful and could never be replaced at todays prices. We figured they must have been young when they built them because they all had so many steps.
We went about 1 1/2 miles out of town and drove thru the National Cemetery. Oh how humbling and sad to see how many people have given their lives for our freedom. Just row after row of unknown soldiers graves
I didn't realize how many there are. It was very touching for Lowell and I.
We have no idea how many graves there are but it is big.
The Mississippi River is so large too. It is something how wide it is. Somebody must have gotten some rain or snow because the river rose today, no I didn't measure it but the sand bars are covered more than they were.
Well I finished your Christmas cards today and now I can get Morgan's stocking finished. If we can get the camera to cooperate with Lowell and I we'll give you a preview of the stockings. Sure hope our babies like them.
Believe it or not I have run out of thngs to tell you so till the next time!

No comments: